" F l e u r "

change is the new constant

shannypoo


"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"

nuffnang





basilico}
Wednesday 21 August 2013 | 02:46 | 0Comment

Was greeted with a wide selection of anti-pasti the moment we stepped into the restaurant. There were soft cheeses, tomatoes and different types of cured meats. The waitress brought us to our seats and offered to bring sparkling water. Once settled, we took a tour around the buffet area and the first thing I placed on my plate was parma ham and cantaloupe followed by fresh scallops. I feel that the texture of the ham blends really well with the sweetness of the melon. As for the scallops they were rather fresh and I could taste a tinge of sweetness in them. S took quite a bit of seafood such as crabs, lobsters and prawns. The prawns were comparable to the ones at The Line however the rest had nothing to rave about.

The highlight of the weekend buffet was the free flow foie gras promised to their customers. Every single piece is cooked to perfection and drizzled in balsamic vinegar. Needless to say I went for second servings therefore I am pretty sure that the chef will be able to recognize me even till now. Some of the other cooked food selection includes grilled meats, pizzas and stews. Both of us really enjoyed the cod fish as it was really soft and creamy. I had a bowl of lobster bisque which wasn't too thick and the taste was just right.


Did i mention that they have a cheese room as well? It was amazing. Never did I expect to find something like this in a buffet. I was in love the assorted jams and breads not to mention the variety of cheeses. Guess the Europeans do like their cheese very much. I randomly picked up some breads and cheeses plus some marmalade and currants to go with. There's this squid ink bread which is really warm and flavorful, definitely one of my favorites.

At this point I was quite full and didn't took much of the desserts. They had a wide array of cakes, puffs and a gelato station. Had some creme brulee and strawberry shortcake thingy and they were quite alright.

So far I have been to international buffets like Carousel, Melt and The Line and then this which is somewhat an European buffet. The downside of not being international is the lack of variety such as Japanese sashimi which I absolutely adored. On top of that, the buffet is a little on the pricey side. However, the really yummy spread and attentive service makes up for it. Like what people always say, "you gotta pay for the best" is somewhat true then.

Level 2, The Regent Singapore, 1 Cuscaden Road
Damage for Sunday brunch is $88++

Labels: , ,