" F l e u r "

change is the new constant

shannypoo


"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"

nuffnang





nothing to dai for }
Thursday 12 September 2013 | 01:57 | 0Comment

Received a birthday invitation to dine here last Saturday and all I could think about during the past week was abalone, snow crabs, scallops and everything else you can possibly find under the sea. Just imagine me drooling myself silly in front of my workstation every single day.



So fast forward to the actual day...

We got lost in the shoppes at MBS but the funny thing is that we were both at Pandora and TWG at the same time. It so happens that they have two separate outlets in the shoppes! Makes me wonder why do they need both shops to be so close to each other?

Eventually we made our way there, settled down and toured around the buffet spread. But to my horror there was NO SIGHT of any fresh scallops!!! How can they commit such a heinous crime towards seafood lovers like me?! After getting over the initial shock, I grabbed the next favorite item on my list which is the abalone ginseng chicken soup. The soup was alright, quite light and refreshing. Snow crab was ok however the oysters left a weird taste in my mouth.

Had some of the cooked food and the more memorable ones were the juicy grilled pork belly and flavorful duck with fig caramel sauce. Steak was tough and I grew tired from all the chewing and the chili crab was definitely below zichar standard. The wide variety of sushi selection were only average at best. My last straw was the grilled sea eel which is too dry and bony for me to take another serving. Even those sub-standard Japanese restaurants serve acceptable unagi.

When it was time for desserts, S came back from his I-don't-know-how-many-rounds-he-went with one fresh scallop on his plate and told me that's all he could find. *facepalm at the slow replenish rate*

Desserts were alright. Do try the mango cheesecake as well as the matcha cake. Oh and one more thing, the macaroons were a tad sweet, you have been warned.

Conclusion? Mediocre food at exorbitant prices.

Labels: ,