" F l e u r "

change is the new constant

shannypoo


"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"

nuffnang





nabe no bijin nabe}
Thursday 5 December 2013 | 00:54 | 0Comment

The queue is horrible yet many of them waited. And the same cycle repeats week after week. When I was about ready to give up, I saw no one standing on the waiting line. Zero. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Could it finally be my lucky day? We approached the waitress for a table but she told us nicely that they are fully reserved for the night. I took a glimpse of their log and it was indeed packed. Mind you, the clock hasn't strike 7 yet.

So what's the catch here? It would have to be the bijin nabe steamboat filled with collagen goodness. S and I planned to have our 美人鍋 on a Monday whereby most of the working population had to go back office as they were given off-in-lieu for Deepavali. Very smart right? Almost flawless right? Until we realized that bijin nabe is only served at dinner time, what a bummer! But since we were already there might as well try their food so we ordered the ramen.


I love the way Japanese eat as they really put 100% effort into the preparation and presentation of food. The ingredients were separated from the noodles and soup therefore you can add them in as and when you like. Not sure if the soup is similar to the one for bijin nabe but it is the usual ramen tonkotsu broth. I personally think that the broth is a tad too thick for my liking but S loves it. The ingredients were pretty fresh and I find the chicken thigh yummy.

weird Japanese-English translation?

Guess I shall wait for another timely chance to have my 美人鍋! :)

Labels: , , ,